1. A booking will be confirmed once the booking form along with the course deposit has been received and confirmed in writing or by email from ArtEscape Photography courses.
2. Gift vouchers may not be redeemed for cash. All gift vouchers expire two years after issue date giving the recipient plenty of time to use them.
3. Deposits paid are refundable if requested not more than 48 hours after payment has been made. After this period, refunds can only be made if a replacement can be found for that particular photography course/workshop. If one cannot be found, the deposit is not refundable. ArtEscape Photography will advise when the balance is payable when a booking is confirmed. Once the final amount is paid, the total amount is non-refundable, unless a replacement for that course/workshop can be found. We have a very large existing customer base and can usually find a replacement student for most courses, but obviously, the more notice we receive the better!
4. If, in the unlikely event a photography course or workshop has to be cancelled, for instance due to unforeseen circumstances/atrocious weather conditions, those booked on the course will be able to transfer the monetary value of said course to any other course advertised on our website. (This is subject to availability, but as courses fill up, we always add new dates). In all our years of running photography courses, we have only had to outright cancel a date on just a handful of occasions. Sunshine and showers for instance offer fantastic light conditions for a photography course and we supply plastic covers for cameras in the event of a shower.
5. During the photography course or workshop, you must behave in a way that is not disruptive, upsetting or dangerous to you or anyone else and you must follow the reasonable requests of the course leader. Steve Hedges will be able to terminate your participation in the photography course or workshop if your behaviour is, in his reasonable opinion, in breach of this obligation and in such circumstances Steve Hedges will have no further liability to you.
6. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU AND YOUR PARTY ATTEND THE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE/WORKSHOP AT ENTIRELY YOUR OWN RISK. A reasonable level of fitness is required for our location courses and workshops as hills and walking are involved on un-surfaced ground. It is advisable that you have adequate insurance for your own photographic equipment. During our location photography courses your equipment may be subject to the elements or accidental damage. We are not responsible for any damage incurred to your photographic equipment or belongings while participating in one of our courses. If you are travelling to an area specifically for a photography course, we strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance. We are not able to vary from our stated refund policy regardless of your situation.
7. ArtEscape Photography Courses or Steve Hedges cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal items or for personal accident or injury. It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept any hazards involved in visiting our course locations. To take part in any of ArtEscape Photography Courses including mini-breaks or overseas courses you must be covered by adequate insurance for the duration of the course and the activities undertaken. The insurance must cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical and emergency expenses (including repatriation), personal accident injury and death. In addition you should be insured against loss of/damage to baggage, personal possessions and flight cancellations/delays.
8. It is the students’ responsibility to wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the course that they are attending; in particular, sturdy boots or trainers and long trousers with a means of securing the trouser hems. This is important due to the problem of ticks in the countryside carrying Lyme’s disease bacteria.